Side-Guard Manipulator and Roller Table
Customer: voestalpine BÖHLER Edelstahl GmbH & Co KG
In the summer of 2020, the side-guard manipulator and the roller table at the entry and exit side of the mill stand were replaced in the blooming mill of voestalpine BÖHLER Edelstahl GmbH & Co KG.
The electrically driven side- guard manipulator positions the blooms on the roller table.
With the side guards the bended blooms can be made straight again.
A special damping system of the side guards enables a durable design of the mechanical components.
In addition, a hydraulically operated tilting device is attached to one side guard on the entry and exit side, by means of which the rolling stock can be rotated by 90 ° on the roller table.
The 24 rollers of the work roller table are individually driven via gear motors and cardan shafts. The bearings are lubricated by low-loss oil-air lubrication.
TURN KEY scope of supply BUMA:
- Basic- und Detailengineering
- Hydraulic and Lubrication systems incl. piping
- Electric and Automation
- Safety technology
- Mechanical- assembling
Facts about the new plant:
- 40 days rebuild time incl. commissioning
- Full overall mill availability from the first day after handover to the production
- Exceeding the performance index of the old plant after just one month